Annie W.

Minnesota Last year my husband Marvin passed away and now I am alone. I don’t have any relatives or close friends nearby any more. On Tuesday December 21, I was cooking down apples to store them, and I wasn’t watching the stove. I was at the kitchen table sorting coupons when the alarms went off. It was almost directly over …

View Post

John & Mary S.

Missouri At 2:15am I was woken up by the alarms going off. We would have not known there was a fire downstairs if we had not had our Crossfire smoke alarms. All of my family got out safely and we had good warning to get to safety.

View Post

Cletus & Charlene G.

Minnesota We had invited our priest and some relatives over for supper one evening. I turned the burner on to melt down the lard in the frying pan. Then I went into the living room to visit with my husband and his brother, and forgot the burner was still on. The alarms went off. We put the fire out, then …

View Post

Janet H.

Minnesota I decided to make some potato salad for the family and had started to heat up two pots full of water on the kitchen stove. While the water was heating, I sat down to take a quick catnap. I must have slept a little bit longer than I had planned because the next thing I knew, I was jolted …

View Post

Lucinda & Sabino A.

Monday morning at 6:30 our family was awakened by the noise of our Crossfire smoke detectors in the hallway and living room. We immediately followed our fire escape plan and got our children and ourselves out safely. We are grateful to Crossfire for providing us with alarms that respond so quickly to a smoldering fire. As fast as our house …

View Post

Emma W.

It was about 2:15 in the morning and everyone was asleep in the house. The fire started in the kitchen area on the stove. The smoke alarms woke my mother and son up first. They were asleep downstairs. My son came and woke us up and said there was a fire downstairs. We rushed downstairs and got everyone out of …

View Post

Bruce B.

Utah On November 27, our family was enjoying our Thanksgiving dinner. At 10:00pm my wife and I and our two sons were watching a Christmas movie. Suddenly our Crossfire smoke alarms went off. I went into the kitchen to silence the alarm and saw flames on my cupboard burning clear to the ceiling. I yelled “fire!” to my family, then …

View Post

Raymond E. M.

Iowa On the evening of September 8, at 10:00pm my family went to bed. Prior to going to bed, I went to the basement and started a load of clothes in the dryer. At approximately 11:00pm I was awakened by the smoke detector in the main level of my house going off, just a few seconds later the smoke detector …

View Post

Beverly B.

While we were all at work and school, the pump on our fish aquarium caught on fire which destroyed the entire attic space of our home as well as our spare bedroom and our son’s room. The fireman said that upon arrival at our home all of the alarms were sounding. Those alarms were one of the first clues to …

View Post

John & Jeanine H.

Texas On January 3, my grandmother put a plastic bowl in the oven and was sewing in the back part of the house. We’d just pulled our vehicle in the garage and we heard the smoke alarms going off. We ran in and saw the whole house full of smoke. Josh, my 14-year-old son, grabbed the fire extinguisher we bought. …

View Post