Mark & Dawn D.
- April 20, 2015
After we had put the Christmas presents out for our girls on Christmas Eve, we went to bed for the night. Our girls had decided to sleep together in the basement that night since they wanted to wake each other up early to check out their gifts.
At 12:01am the heat alarm in our furnace room activated. My husband and I quickly ran down to save our children, but upon investigation found that there was no fire at all. Our wood burning furnace insert had become so hot that the entire room was hotter than our thermometers could register. We quickly opened windows to cool it off and possible catastrophe was avoided.
It is very likely that if Crossfire detectors had not given us early alert to a possible problem, we would have lost our children and our home.